Thursday

No Dime Christmas Decor 2011

By blogger standards this is super late but maybe you are all like me and just finishing up your decor today too :) 

This year we obviously had $0 for Christmas decorations so everything you see will either be something I already had, that was given to me or made with things I had on hand.

 First up an over all view:


The burlap runner and the cloches are reused from my fall decor.  


I made little trees from scrapbook paper and stuck my tiny little manger scene in one and a snow woman in the other.


You can see the tutorial on how I made the sheet music wreath with a chalk board center here.


And this lighted rag garland  is here.



This glass block decoration I made last year. It's one of my favorites.



The poinsettia/tree plate I got from my husband grandmother for Christmas. The snowman one I got from Target on an after-Christmas sale. 


After putting that all together there was still something missing. Just when I was about to give in my mom showed up at my door with this beautiful poinsettia!  Perfect! 


If you remember my rant from earlier today about glue dots this is what it was all about. I made 2 of these little snow flakes out of Christmas scrapbook paper.


 I think they do a great job bringing that old world Christmas feel into the design. Learn how to make your own here!


The stairs get a little Christmas treatment too with some garland I bought a few years back. I leave the bows on when I pack it up and it's ready to go every year. One of these days I will spruce it up with some beads and stuff to make it fancy. 


This by no means is the most decorated part of my home but I love the little nativity stocking holders and the countdown calendar. The stockings are about as plain as it gets for now bu t they do match the tree skirt :) 
Speaking of tree....


I ended up putting out tree on top of my coffee table so that more presents could fit under/around it. It literally touches the ceiling.  And ya, that isn't a pile of laundry in the bottom corner, that's my husbands idea of wrapping- with my sheet! 

And what do we decorate it with? I only have one rule and it is this: It must be kid friendly.


Anberlynn made this little cinnamon turkey at church. We've had out tree up since before Thanksgiving. Anber thought it looked like an ornament so on the tree it went. 


This is one holds sentimental value. 2007 is the year we got married. 


Every year we pick a new decoration. Each of the girls pick out one of these swirly balls from the $1 bins at Walmart. They are the only decor we bought this year.


Other things have been given to us like this little snowman/jingle bell and others have been made like the snowflake.


The plain balls and this little star ornament I bought for our first Christmas. We got married in June and 3 months later I was pregnant so I know that we would be wanting unbreakable ornaments. They sparkly just like the glass ones so who cares? 

The snow man is made from baby socks and stuffing. I remember making these with my mom for Christmas when we were kids.


We have a couple little ornaments like this. It is kind of hard to see (and photograph) but they are laser cut metal. My da likes to buy them for us when he goes to North Pole and visits Santa Claus House. It's an actual place! Click here to read about the city. To give you an idea of how festive this place is- you see the candy cane painted and shapes light poles? Well they don't repaint hem and straighten them out it the summer. Just sayin'. 


My dad bought this one last year for Evelyn's first Christmas. 


And here's Anberlynn's first Christmas ornament. She tried to eat his beard! 

So, that about wraps up the Christmas decor. I guess technically we spent $2 on the two decorations the girls picked out but other than that we're celebrating with a $0 decor budget. 

Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment